AMC Process in Plant Maintenance
Purpose: – In any SAP AMC Process in Plant Maintenance implementation, customer will ask about how to handle the Annual Maintenance Contract Process (AMC Process) in SAP. People might follow different procedures, here I have documented one process and this might be useful for the freshers.
AMC Process for Preventive Maintenance :
1. Create Service Master.
2. Create Outline Agreement
3. Create General Maintenance Task list
4. Create Maintenance Plan
5. Schedule Maintenance Plan
6. Release Maintenance Order
7. Create Purchase Order against the Purchase Requisition
8. Create Service Entry sheet against the Purchase Order
9. Perform TECO for the Maintenance Order
Step 1:- Create Service Master by using the transaction code AC01.
Step 2:- Create Outline Agreement / Service Contract for AMC by using the Transaction Code ME31K
Enter necessary data like Vendor, Agreement Type, Item Category as “D” and Acct Assignment Cat. as “F”
Enter the service short text, here I have taken 4 visits for Preventive and two visits for Free Break Down.
Since system will not allow zero price, entered minimum amount as 0.01 USD for Free Break Down Services.
Details of Service specifications for Preventive Maintenance are as below
Details of Service specifications for Free Break down Services.
SAVE the Outline Agreement after entering all the details. System will generate Outline agreement number.
Step 3:- Create General Maintenance Task List by using the transaction Code IA05 and enter the control key as PM03 and enter the Outline agreement number as shown below.
By using the service specifications button copy the services from the agreement
Step 4:- Create single cycle maintenance plan by using the transaction code IP41 and enter the Task List which was created earlier.
Step 5:- Schedule Maintenance Plan and Release Maintenance Order
- Maintenance Plan can be scheduled manually by using the Transaction IP10, in regular practice these maintenance plans will be run on batch job in background.
- Upon scheduling , Maintenance Orders will be triggered with reference to the intervals maintained in Maintenance Plan
- The Maintenance Orders (Preventive) called will be released to process further
- Purchase requisition will be triggered on release of Maintenance Order.
Step 6:- Process of Purchase Requisition to Purchase Orders
Use the transaction ME21n, Create Purchase Order with reference to the Purchase Requisition number which was created in the Maintenance Order.
Step 7:-Use the transaction ML81n, Create service entry sheet with reference to the Purchase Order which was created from Purchase Requisition shown in the earlier screen shot.
After completion of the Service entry sheet service cost will reflect in the Maintenance Order and do the TECO and other normal PM process like settlement and business completion of the order.
AMC for Breakdown Maintenance Process
Use the Transaction IW31 and create Break down Maintenance Order as like normal PM Process.
Enter the Control Key as PM03 for the Operation which is to be done by the vendor as per the Outline Agreement and enter the Outline Agreement number with Item number 0020
Process of Breakdown Maintenance Order similar to Preventive Maintenance Order
- Release the Maintenance Order
- Purchase Requisition created from Maintenance Order is further processed to Purchase Order.
3. Create a Service Entry Sheet against the Purchase Order.
- Accept the Service Entry Sheet.
- Perform Maintenance Order for Technical Completion and Settlement.
6. Perform Business Completion
Upon releasing of the Break Down Order system will create Purchase Requisition and with reference to PR, PO has ben created.
Create Service Entry Sheet with reference to Purchase Order
Similarly for any Paid Break Down Services, we can create one more line item in the Outline Agreement and process the same like Break Down Order.
Hope this will be useful….
Would you like to access Full Article?
If you are already a member in this website, Please Click here to loginIf you are not yet a member, Please Click here to Sign up
New NetWeaver Information at SAP.com