CfP for Researchers: free of charge access to a powerful infrastructure and SAP HANA
The HPI Future SOC Lab in Potsdam provides researchers with free of charge access to a complete infrastructure of state of the art hard- and software in cooperation with its industrial partners (EMC², Fujitsu, HP, and SAP).
This infrastructure includes a 1000 core compute cluster, servers with up to 64 cores and 2 TB RAM, an HP private cloud solution comprising 32 individual blades, and SAP’s In-Memory Computing appliance HANA. Access to the resources is granted based on project proposals, which any researcher may submit.
You are kindly invited to send us your project proposal to apply for infrastructure access during the HPI-Future-SOC-Lab-Fall-2015 period. Submission deadline for project proposals is October 07, 2015.
Please use the following mail address for submissions or further questions: . The Fall-2015 period begins on November 05 and ends after six months.
Topics of particular interest for the HPI Future SOC Lab include but are not limited to:
- Service-oriented computing (SOC) systems and efficient management of concurrency and memory,
- Cloud Computing including topics such as security, elasticity, and scalability,
- New applications using latest hardware and storage technology and exploring new ways of data processing, such as in-memory technology,
- Multicore architectures / GPU,
- Hybrid Computing,
- On-demand delivery models for business applications.
Please find more information about the lab and its offerings and a template for your project proposal here: https://hpi.de/future-soc-lab.
Furthermore you are invited to attend the HPI Future SOC Lab Day on November 04, in which researchers present and discuss the results of their projects. The agenda of this conference will be published on our website in October 2015.