Connect S/4HANA with HCP and Create Analytic Content using Smart Business
Connect S/4HANA with HCP and Create Analytic Content using Smart Business: In my previous blogs I explained what is Smart Business Service, how to enable and use it and its various use cases. I also explained how easily you can create an ABAP CDS view and OData with SAP Annotations.
In this blog I will explain how you can connect S/4HANA system to HCP and create analytic content using Smart Business Service.
1 Use Case: Consume ABAP OData via Cloud Connector to create Smart Business Content 3
2 Create or get OData Service with SAP Annotation.. 3
3 Configure SAP HANA cloud connector. 4
4 Create Business System destination in HCP account 6
5 Create Smart Business KPI and Tiles. 6
1 Use Case: Consume ABAP OData via Cloud Connector to create Smart Business Content
Let us assume we have a CDS view and OData which provides analytics in S/4HANA system. We can configure the cloud connector and connect S/4HANA system to HCP. Further in HCP we can use destination to access the OData and create Smart Business content.
We will use the same SFLIGHT based CDS and OData created in the blog ABAP CDS view and OData with SAP Annotations.
Note: Many SAP Fiori apps are available for use and are part of S/4HANA core component. These Fiori apps are based on ABAP CDS and OData and can be used to create to create analytical apps. Refer to SAP Fiori apps reference library to more about these apps.
2 Create or get OData Service with SAP Annotation
Smart Business can consume any OData service which provides SAP annotation. You can either create an OData or use any existing Fiori apps OData service. Here we are using SFLIGHT OData view.
3 Configure SAP HANA cloud connector
The cloud connector serves as the link between on-demand applications in SAP HANA Cloud Platform and existing on-premise systems. For more details on the cloud connector, please refer to the help document.
Follow the steps below to configure S/4HANA system to cloud connector.
- Download and install Cloud Connector from https://tools.hana.ondemand.com/#cloud
- Log on to the cloud connector administration UI by invoking the URL https://localhost:8443 in a Web browser. Enter user name as “Administrator” and password as “manage”.
- If the connection succeeded, you will see the Connector State with a green indicator as shown in the screenshot below.
- Navigate to the Access Control view and click on Add button. Here you can configure a physical on-premise system and map it to a virtual host and port. The virtual host and port are the names which must be used in the cloud applications in order to address the respective system. Besides this, you need to configure the protocol that shall be used to access the related system. Currently, HTTP and RFC are supported.
- After a system has been added, you can configure the resources on that system to be exposed to HCP. To add a resource, select the system in the upper table, and then click the Add button in the resources table on the lower part of the view. Enter the details as below.
4 Create Business System destination in HCP account
- Go to HCP account and create a Business System destination.
- Go to Configure Business Systems app and configure the Business System you just created.
5 Create Smart Business KPI and Tiles
All the configurations are done. Now you can go ahead and create Smart Business KPI and Tiles. To know more about this, refer to this blog.
Just make sure that you are using the same Business System configured in step 2.
Finally you should be able to get tiles and drill-down like below.
Note: A complete implementation guide on Smart Business Service is also available at SAP-Press. You may also use code “RMSAP10” to get 10% off.
Would you like to access Full Article?
If you are already a member in this website, Please Click here to loginIf you are not yet a member, Please Click here to Sign up
New NetWeaver Information at SAP.com