Gartner, SOALogix, SAP Process Integration and all that fuzz
A Gartner report that said “With NetWeaver PI’s future unclear, don’t use it for strategic projects”
Who is Concerned:
1. Customers who read the article
2. Colleagues and Friends in the SAP PI space (What is our future? Is this all true?)
On January 28, 2010 the SAP Mentors were invited to a session the objective of which was to clarify the roadmap of SAP PI.
The meeting was presided by Udo Paltzer, Solution Manager for NetWeaver Middleware. Joining him was Sanjay Chikarmane and Yvonne Waibel.The below is the summary of what was discussed;
1. SOALogix acquisition does not impact SAP PI. It has been acquired to strengthen the integration of project and portfolio management (PPM) solutions.
2. Committed to SAP PI and will remain invested for the development of PI
3. Emergence of Business Aware Middleware and SAP PI is a core ingredient
4. SAP PI 7.3 – The next release
Further details are part of the article by Jon Reed – Clarifying the Future of NetWeaver PI
Note: Posting this info on SDN since we have a very wide audience following the RSS feeds of the blogs here. Hope this information comes as a relief to many consultants who have been woring with XI/PI for long and also for those who have started their XI/PI journey ????