How to export and deploy HANA model for SAP Business One
This document is to introduce the SAP HANA Model Package Tool for SAP Business One. The relevant how to guide and tool download are available as the attachment in the note below. You should read the how to guide document in the note for detail.
Note 2008991 – SAP HANA Model Package Tool for SAP Business One
SAP HANA model management function is available in SAP Business One, version for SAP HANA and SAP Business One, analytic powered by SAP HANA, which allow you to:
- Import and deploy the HANA models to the customer system, and the schema and package is pointed to the customer system dynamically,
- Enable the selected AnalyticView and CalculationView for Interactive Analytic with Excel Pivot table, which will list the menu of Interactive Analytic in SAP Business One modules
The whole modeling life cycle lists below:
0. Design and test the models with SAP HANA studio
During design time, a fixed schema or attribute/analytic/calculation view may be used, which need to be replaced dynamically when deploying to the customer system.
After designing SAP HANA models, you need to package the models according to the HANA model package defined by SAP Business One, and deploy them to the customer’s system. This process involves the following steps:
- Export the models from SAP HANA.
The model to be exported should be active and able to preview correctly in HANA Studio, and the dependent models should be included. The exported model files still use the fixed schema or package name as design time, which can’t be imported directly in customer’s HANA system with HANA Studio.
- Package the models into a ZIP file as defined by SAP Business One
You are recommended to use the SAP HANA Model Package Tool for SAP Business One to package the models. The Package Tool provides a wizard for updating the model files, and the XML information file is created automatically.
- Import and deploy the model package with HANA Model Management of SAP Business One into the customer’s system.
HANA model management can be found through the menu path below:
Administration->Setup->General->HANA Model Management.
Follow the procedure in HANA model management
-Import the model package from step 2
-Select the “IAEnabled” AnalyticView/CalculationView, and enter the menu caption to be displayed in Interactive Analytic Menu of SAP Business One
-Deploy the model package
- Consume the models withe analytic tools with Interactive Analytic, Pervasive Dashboard, Crystal Report etc.
The selected “IAEnabled” AnalyticView/CalculationView in step 3 are displayed in Interactive Analytic Menu of SAP Business One, end user already can do the interactive analytic with excel pivot table.
For pervasive dashboard, crystal report connecting to HANA studio, please refer to the relevant e-learning materials.
If you have any question regard to the tool, please post here.
Would you like to access Full Article?
If you are already a member in this website, Please Click here to loginIf you are not yet a member, Please Click here to Sign up
New NetWeaver Information at SAP.com