Olympic Data Analysis by SAP VI
SAP Visual intelligence – BI Revolution
SAP Visual intelligence is one of the finest and best data analytic tool. You can do lots of amazing stuffs with your data. However big or complex your data is, you will be able to reform it in excellent reports/charts and analyze it very easily. You will be amazed to know that using a tool is very simple and does not require any technical background.
Let’s see power of SAP VI:
Dataset used: Olympic Data.xls
Dataset Analysis: It basically contains data about various Olympic events, sports, host cities, athletes, medals won etc since the inception of Olympic in more than 29000 rows. We will try to analyze data based on various parameters. Following are some of the questions that describe which type of data is required. Screenshots are taken from SAP Visual Intelligence tool after generating visuals.
Q-1: Most popular sports of Olympic: Let’s find out that till now, which sport is most popular among all the sports; i.e. the most played sports by players. Through SAP VI, we are able to generate the pie chart which clearly gives us the answer. The most played sport is Athletics.
Q-2: Most popular event of Olympic: Similarly, let’s find out the most popular event of Olympic. The beauty of SAP Visual Intelligence is it gives you results in a fraction of seconds without writing any code or query. You just need to drag-drop the required fields / parameters and your visuals are ready!
Q-3: City hosted the most Olympic: If you want to know the city which hosted the most number of Olympics till now, you can easily do that. Not only that, you will get the geographical map for the same!!! Amazing, right?
- Country hosted the most Olympic
Q-4: Country won most medals till now: Let’s see which countries have won most medals in Olympic. Here you go….
From above examples, it can be seen that SAP Visual Intelligence is awesome tool for BI and data Analytics. It provides immense features for extensive reporting and charts. It is very user friendly tool and easy to use. Particularly for middle and upper management, who wants data in graphical or report format, this tool can be very handy.
- Access and acquire data without any scripting
- Combine and transform enterprise and personal data sources in a repeatable, self service way
- Create beautiful graphics and visualizations to convey and share knowledge
- Get accurate, real-time answers from any volume of data
- Deliver faster time to insight in a repeatable, self-service way
- Maximize business knowledge with big picture insights and granular details
- Increase self-service data usage without adding to your IT department’s workload
- Visualize any amount of data in real time