SAP HANA System copy – part 2/2 (SAP System Installation)
In this 2-part document, the steps of a new test server installation via system copy of development system are described. In the first part you find HANA DB installation steps. In the second part you find the SAP System installation steps and some main postprocessing steps. In our scenario, SAP System and HANA DB run on different servers. SAP System is based on NW 7.40. For the first part (HANA DB Installation) plese see : SAP HANA System copy – part 1/2 (HANA DB Installation)
Main SAP Note : https://service.sap.com/sap/support/notes/1844468
I’ve downloaded the main guide for the installation with S-User and password via that link: https://websmp104.sap-ag.de/~sapidb/011000358700000877172012E
Then please go through: SAP HANA Database->Unix.
For the filesystems, prerequisites and preparations for the system, you should look at the guide. The latest version of SWPM is strongly recommended.
Here are main steps and screenshots of primary instance installation on the new server:
- Create a backup of the source system via SAP HANA DB Studio.
- Copy the backup files to the target server. The name of the backup will be used as SWPM input.
- SID is the system ID of application server (SAP System). It differs from DB SID. 7.40 Kernel DVD number is 51049350.
- Hostname of the server where HANA DB is installed. Also DB SID and HANA system number (from part 1/2) should be given. All DB-related passwords MUST be same with the source system DB.
- The name of the source system’s backup. And the location where the backup files have been moved in the first step above.
- Latest kernel DVD has been downloaded and pointed to SWPM, in order to save time and effort. So we don’t need to patch default SWPM kernel.
- Check your inputs once again and execute the installation.
- ERROR DURING INSTALLATION and SOLUTION
Root cause was unsuccessful connection attempt to the database. The reason was that “.KEY” and “.DAT” files had not been created properly. R3trans -d testing was also unsuccessful.
WARNING 2016-04-04 17:34:57.434 (root/sapinst) id=modlib.jslib.childAppReturn
Execution of the command “/usr/sap/SID/SYS/exe/uc/linuxx86_64/saplikey pf=/usr/sap/SID/SYS/profile/SID_DVEBMGSSN_HOST -install_first_temp N1211111111 XXXXXX” finished with return code 2. Output:
saplikey: failed to connect to the database.
ERROR 2016-04-04 17:34:57.436 (root/sapinst) id=nw.processError errno=CJS-30023
Process call ‘/usr/sap/SID/SYS/exe/uc/linuxx86_64/saplikey pf=/usr/sap/SID/SYS/profile/SID_DVEBMGSSN_HOST -install_first_temp N1111111 XXXXXX’ exits with error code 2. For details see log file(s) saplikey.log, dev_slic.
ERROR 2016-04-04 17:34:57.583 (root/sapinst) id=controller.stepExecuted errno=FCO-00011
The step createTempLicense with step key |NW_ABAP_OneHost|ind|ind|ind|ind|0|0|NW_Onehost_System|ind|ind|ind|ind|onehost|0|NW_CI_Instance|ind|ind|ind|ind|ci|0|NW_Temp_License_ABAP|ind|ind|ind|ind|lic|0|createTempLicense was executed with
status ERROR ( Last error reported by the step: Process call ‘/usr/sap/SID/SYS/exe/uc/linuxx86_64/saplikey pf=/usr/sap/SID/SYS/profile/SID_DVEBMGSSN_HOST -install_first_temp N111111111 XXXXXX’ exits with error code 2. For details
see log file(s) saplikey.log, dev_slic.).
The hdbuserstorelist command should give the following outputs on the servers where SAP Instance and HANA DB are installed:
:HDB:adm /usr/sap//HDB> hdbuserstore set SYSTEM :315 SYSTEM
:HDB:khqadm /usr/sap//HDB> hdbuserstore list
DATA FILE : /home/khqadm/.hdb//SSFS_HDB.DAT
KEY FILE : /home/khqadm/.hdb//SSFS_HDB.KEY
ENV : :315
ENV : :315
:SAPSIDadm> hdbuserstore set SYSTEM :315 SYSTEM
:SAPSIDadm> hdbuserstore list
DATA FILE : /home/DBSIDadm/.hdb/PAS_HOST/SSFS_HDB.DAT
KEY FILE : /home/DBSIDadm/.hdb/PAS_HOST/SSFS_HDB.KEY
ENV : :315
ENV : :315
- After successful installation, install SAP HANA License via SAP HANA DB Studio. Right click DB there and select properties->licenses. License key is requested from service.sap.com.
- Post system copy steps can be checked from the guide.