Sign up: Design Thinking e-Learning Pilot for Universities
DEVELOPING SOFTWARE USING DESIGN THINKING
SAP is embedding a methodology for creative thinking and problem solving known as design thinking into its software innovation and product development. You can benefit from SAP’s experience with design thinking by taking part in the course Developing Software Using Design Thinking. The combination of real-life SAP examples and the experience of George Kembel, executive director of the Stanford d.school, will allow you to learn how design thinking can be applied within the context of software development. Several interactive exercises with other participants will help you experience a real design challenge, giving you the chance to share your findings and present your insights within the course community.
About the Course
SAP plans to offer the openSAP course Developing Software Using Design Thinking in summer 2014. In order to get feedback on the content and the collaborative exercises, we are offering a pilot version to selected universities starting on March10, 2014. At the end of the course we will reach out to you to request some feedback on your experience. This will be in the form of a survey. We would really appreciate your input into the ongoing development of this course.
- 6-week course with an effort of 3-5 hours per week
- Start: March 10, 2014, 9:00 am (CEST)
- Course language: English
· The pilot run is for universities only. Any student and lecturer can attend the course. Prerequisite is the willingness to participate in collaboration exercises with groups, publish results, and review other teams’ results.
- Highly-experienced teachers, including George Kembel from d.school in Stanford, and SAP experts will explain the principles of design thinking and how they can be applied in the industry
- After successful participation, you receive a certificate of achievement
- Universities from all over the world are invited to participate
You will experience design thinking in interactive exercises and work with other participants to solve a design thinking challenge
Course Flow per Week
Students and lecturers interested in learning more about design thinking and how it can be applied in software development.