BI4.1 Update -> The document’s serialization version is too recent (Error: WIS 30915)
I recently deployed SAP BusinessObjects 4.1 across several environments at a client site and ran into the following error message when saving a Web Intelligence report to the platform from the Webi Rich Client, Java Panel and HTML Panel.
The document’s serialization version is too recent (Error: WIS 30915)
Scheduling a Web Intelligence report to Webi format also resulted in the above error.
The Web Intelligence processing server logs left the following trace:
**ERROR:SRM:An internal error occured while dgSerializeManagerImpl is calling ibo_idgSrmStore->PublishToCorporate [kdgSerializeManager.cpp;2533]
- No issues were logged in the setupengine.log
- Running a repair on the deployment didn’t resolve the issue
Query Builder reveals what would appear to be an incorrect version number for the Web Intelligence application
SELECT SI_ID, SI_NAME, SI_FILENAME, SI_WEBI_SERIALIZATION_VERSION FROM CI_APPOBJECTS WHERE SI_KIND = ‘WebIntelligence’
- Note the dfo filename above – BusinessObjects_WebIntelligence_dfo.xml.
- Stop all SIA nodes
- Backup the CMS database
- Copy the file from the SAP BusinessObjects Enterprise XI 4.0dfo directory to SAP BusinessObjects Enterprise XI 4.0packages directory
- Start the SIA Node containing the CMS
- Confirm the file has been removed from the SAP BusinessObjects Enterprise XI 4.0packages directory
- Confirm the update via Query Builder
- Run earlier tests…….All working ????
I ran into this issue on an upgrade from BI4.0 SP5 FP4. I wasn’t able to replicate this issue (as expected) on an environment that had a clean build i.e. no upgrade
I’ll report the issue through the correct channels in due course but I felt it was best to get this information out there as I burnt several hours troubleshooting this and no doubt someone else might run into the same problem.
Would you like to access Full Article?
If you are already a member in this website, Please Click here to loginIf you are not yet a member, Please Click here to Sign up
New NetWeaver Information at SAP.com